Saturday, July 30, 2011

crazy hair/no heat curls

(First, let me apologize in advance for the terrible quality of these webcam photos. And for the crazy hair in the "before" pictures you are about to see.)

My gal Erin of City Mouse In a Country House posted about this hair tutorial. If you don't want to watch the whole thing, essentially you twist your hair around an elastic headband, sleep on it, and wake up to bouncy vintage looking curls. With no heat! Or curlers! I tried it and it worked- even on my riDICulously wild before hair.

This is what my hair looked like all day. Up in a bun, naturally curly hair that hadn't been washed in three days:



I took it out of the pony and it looked like this (crusty):



I brushed it out and it looked like this (I know, I should wear it like this every day!):



I twisted it around the elastic hair band and it looked like this:



I slept on it and took it out in the morning and it looked like this! (Clara is post-tubby, watching Ernie and Elmo sing "One Fine Face" to keep her happy. Clearly, they are singing the part about eyes.)



So, I realize it's a bad quality pic but the technique really worked. I have boingy, Dorothy Gale-esque curls. I hear it works on hair of all types. Woot!


1 comment:

Lolo said...

I am going to do this for my Birthday drinks tomorrow night. So cute!