Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Easiest Seafood Dinner Ev.


This is going to be a quick post. It will take you approximately the same amount of time to read it as it will to make these scallops:



Bomster Scallops, from our local farmers market, are amazing! They don't need ANYTHING to make them taste delicious, not even salt and pepper. Here's what you do:

-heat up a little veg oil in a pan
-place the scallops flat side down in a single layer
-sear on one side for no more than two minutes
-flip and sear on the other side for one minute
-plop them on a plate

Seriously the easiest ever- they taste incredible and are done in literally three minutes. Even if you don't like scallops, give these a try. They are not the rubbery pencil eraser scallops you sometimes find in chowder. They are tender and meaty and taste super fresh.

Oh, and I served them with arugula salad which is also the easiest ever- arugula + olive oil + balsamic + salt and pep.

Now I'm sure you can use these scallops in some fancier dish but, in my opinion, there's no need! How great is it to have a delicious dinner that comes together in less than five minutes?

The end.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

amy said...

Sounds great! We make them very similar, but I use olive oil with a little crushed garlic and then I squirt some lemon juice on them towards the end. We also love to serve them over penne with pink vodka sauce. YUM!

Ashley said...

I gasped! A comment! :) But yes- your way sounds delish, too. I look forward to trying it. They are the best scallops, no matter which way they are prepared!